2017 Workshop Lineup
SEASONAL COOKING WORKSHOP
Nutritious meals on a budget
with Judi Varga-toth and Courtney Fowler
How to start your veggie garden from seed
with Katrina Anderson of Kinburn Farms
How to make your own maple syrup
with Telsing Andrews
INTENSIVE, SMALL-SPACE VEGETABLE GARDENING
with Holly Myers
INTRODUCTION TO FOREST GARDENING
with Telsing AndrewsSEPT
FALL CANNING WORKSHOP
with Penny Foster, The Beckwitch
Comments from previous workshop-goers
- "Very interesting and engaging - a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon and learn something."
- "I now have the knowledge to feed my family fresh foods that I have grown or bought locally year round."
- "I enjoyed learning about preparing meals using local produce on a budget. I look forward to the next one!"
- "It’s a fun, interactive workshop. We walked away with lots of ideas and it made me want to explore vegetarian meals with my family."
- "I found this workshop to be very interesting and useful for using the excess vegetables from the garden"
- "It was great to not only hear about what to do [with fresh produce], but also be able to try what we were [learning] about."